Butternut Squash with Apple & Cranberries
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 1-3/4 lbs.), cut into 1/2 inch cubes (about 5 cups)
- 1 medium apple, cubed
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup or brown sugar
In 1 1/2-quart baking dish, combine all ingredients. Season, if desired, with salt. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until squash is tender.
* Mix melted butter with cinnamon, nutmeg, and maple syrup or brown sugar and stir to coat the squash.